A Report on Consumer Price Indices for Goods and Services of Households in the Total Country in the Month of Bahman of the Year 1396 > Statistical Center of Iran

 
Search
 
SCI News
21

A Report on Consumer Price Indices for Goods and Services of Households in the Total Country in the Month of Bahman of the Year 1396

 

 1- The general index (base year 1395=100) shows 111.2 for households in the total country and urban areas and 111.0 for rural areas in the month of Bahman (21 January-20 February 2018) of the year 1396 respectively which increased by 0.3 percent for the total country and urban areas and remained unchanged for rural areas in contrast to the preceding month. The increase in the general index was 8.2, 8.4 and 7.4 percent compared to the corresponding month in the previous year (point-to-point inflation), which decreased by 0.3, 0.1 and 0.8 percentage point for the total country, urban and rural areas, respectively over the same information in the previous month. Percentage changes in the general index (inflation rate of consumer goods and services for households) for the 12 months ending to the month of Bahman of the year 1396 were 8.3 percent for the total country, 8.2 percent for urban areas and 9.1 percent for rural areas in contrast to the corresponding period of the previous year, which grew by 0.1 percentage point for the total country and urban areas and dropped by 0.1 percentage point for rural areas over the same information in the previous month (Dey).

2- The CPI for the major group of "Foods, Beverages and Tobacco" in this month for the total country, urban and rural areas reached 115.5, 115.7 and 114.6, respectively which increased by 0.3, 0.4 and 0.2   percent  for the total country, urban areas and rural areas respectively compared to the previous month. The index of the major group of “Foods, Beverages and Tobacco” increased by 10.7 percent for the total country, 11.0 percent for urban areas and 9.7 percent for rural areas in contrast to the corresponding month in the previous year. Percentage changes in this group for the 12 months ending to the month of Bahman of the year 1396 were 12.8 percent for the total country, 13.0 percent urban areas and 12.5 percent for rural areas compared to the corresponding period of the previous year. The index of the major group of “Foods” for the total country, urban areas and rural areas in the mentioned month reached 115.7, 115.9 and 114.9 respectively, which increased by 0.3 percent for the total country and urban areas and 0.2 percent for rural areas compared to the previous month. The index of the major group of “Foods” increased by 10.8 percent for the total country, 11.1 percent for urban areas and 9.9 percent for rural areas compared to the corresponding month in the previous year and the 12- month inflation rate of this group was 13.1 percent for the total country, 13.2 percent for urban areas and 12.8 percent for rural areas.

3- The index of the major group of "Non-Foods and Services" for the total country, urban areas and rural areas in the month of the Bahman of the year 1396 reached 109.5, 109.7, and 108.7, respectively which increased by 0.2 percent for the total country, 0.3 percent for urban areas and decreased by 0.2 percent for rural areas compared to the previous month. Moreover, the index of the major group of "Non-Foods and Services" was 7.3 percent for the total country, 7.5 percent for urban areas and 5.9 percent for rural areas, respectively compared to the corresponding month of the previous year. The inflation rates of this group for the 12 months ending to the month of Bahman of the year 1396 were 6.6 percent for the total country, and urban areas and 7.0 percent for rural areas over the corresponding period of the previous year.

 

[1] . It is the Iranian year which usually begins within a day of 21 March of the Gregorian calendar. To find the corresponding year of the Gregorian calendar, add 621 or 622 (depending on the time of the year) to a solar Hijri year.  For example the corresponding year of the year 1396 in the Gregorian calendar is (21 March 2017-20 March 2018).

 

 

 

View: (1261)
Category: Price indices
ID: 5265